Confluence page margins/space between colums/panelboxes

Cornelius Engelhardt January 24, 2012

1. Is there a way to decrease the space between Panel Boxes which are situated nex to each other using Sections and Columns? I want them to be flush next to each other but there's a big gap between them and I'm trying to figure out how to decrease it.

2. Same question for left/right and top/bottom margins on the page. Any way to decrease the distances to the sides of the page? I feel that I'm wasting a lot of space on my page.

Here's a screenshot to visualize what I'm alking about:

http://imgur.com/rSjrW

5 answers

2 votes
Kenric May 14, 2012

seems the system ignore the percentage or px of the column width :(

1 vote
Courtney Buras June 28, 2018

I created two tables and have played around with the percentages considerably and still have the giant gap between them. I've put the percentages at both 100%, 70% and 30%, 50% and 50% - there's barely any change in the table sizes and no change in the size of the gap between. How was this a problem in 2012 and it's still not solved???

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Tested in Confluence 4.3. Having a calendar in each 50% column looks like there is a big gap between the 2 columns.

However, when I also add team calendars to the columns it becomes obvious that the burndown was not occupying all the space in the column and the gap between the columns is negible.

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

This is a real issue. I have 2 columns, both set to 50% and the gap is nearly as big as the width of the columns themselves. (Confluence 4.2)

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012

I did away with the column/section layout and used DIV and SPAN tags with CSS to define the layouts in Confluence. It was painful, and if the decorators change on an upgrade, I'll have trouble migrating my layouts to the next version, but it gives me far greater flexibility.

hth,

matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events