Confluence Newbie - Best method to incorporate a Page Refresh

What would be the best method to incorporate a page refresh into a confluence page? Enable the HTML macro or can a user macro be used to run a page refresh similar to a <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60"> URL ?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Christoper,

The best way is to create a user macro which uses some JS. be careful with enabling HTML macro as it means anyone can out any kind of HTML code into a page.

here's the macro:

## Macro title: page-refresh
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: N/A
## Output: Selected HTML
## Developed by: Matthew Cobby

## Refreshes the current page after a configurable number of seconds.
## @param Period:title=Refresh period|type=string|required=true|desc=How many milli-seconds before the page should refresh. e.g. 5000ms = 5s
&lt;script type="text/JavaScript"&gt;
//   --&gt;

There was an earlier version of this script here:

Thanks Matthew. That works perfect. I didn't want to activate the HTML macros for the reasons as you stated but I was unsure how to incorporate java script into a user macro. I'll have to spend some time to learn to utilize them better.

Thanks again,

Chris Meemken

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

189 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot