Confluence/Jira sending out emails as a scheduled task

Richard Schaeffer May 6, 2015

Is there any way to schedule timed emails? 

Specifically, I'd like to email a given confluence page every two hours.  If absolutely necessary, I could make this work in JIRA if that was my only option for sending regular/timed email notifications. 

I've rifled through JEMH's documentation briefly, but didn't see any specific mentions.

Thanks for any input/suggestions!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2015

Hi Richard,

You can change the existing scheduled tasks of Confluence but AFAIK you cannot create new ones unless developing the event.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

If it is acceptable to represent the information in a JIRA issue (not in a Confluence page), then you could use the PDF Automation Plugin to email the PDF version of the issue to a list of email addresses in a configurable schedule.

See this section in the manual.

0 votes
Richard Schaeffer May 7, 2015

I was afraid of that.  I was hoping there was something I had overlooked, but it looks like a custom plugin project.

Thank you for confirming. 

Suggest an answer