Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence: How to hide from others that I created or edited a page in a restricted space?

ishmain March 15, 2013

In our Confluence site, we have a space for the managers only.

I created a new page with a self explanatory title there. Then developers saw the title of the page on our Confluence dashboard and started asking about that page. They could not see the content, but they new that i created that page and they saw the title. We keep everything pretty open for the whole team, but I did not want them to find out about this page too early.

How can I prevent mentioning of restricted pages on the site's dashboard which is seen by everybody?

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Hi, Igor.

You said this space is restricted to managers, right? You can set the permissions of the space to only be visible to managers. I tested in an instance and that made the pages' titles not appear in the updates in the dashboard.

To go to the permissions page for a space, you can:

•  Go to a page in the space, click 'Space tools' (bottom left) and click permissions (space tools is not visible in Documentation theme)
  • Use this link: <instance>/wiki/spaces/spacepermissions.action?key=<space_key>, and replace <instance> for the instance name and <space_key> for the space key name
  • Go to Spaces > Space Directory and click the Space detail icon (the 'i' in a circle) and then 'Permissions'

There, changing the permissions should be easy. This will apply to the entire space.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events