Confluence: Error formatting macro

I have the following issue:

Error formatting macro: recently-updated-dashboard: com.atlassian.confluence.renderer.template.TemplateRenderingException: Unable to find template renderer to handle file extension .soy

Note: this is a new installation under ArchLinux

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
I ended moving on a system with more resources and that solved my issue

Hi ,

it seems to be renderer is not getting the file with extention .soy?

did u upgraded the confluence?

weather file is available in given directory it should be?

regards,

tousif shaikh.

Hi all,

I am also having the same issue on Ubuntu 10.4 using 'atlassian-confluence-4.3.5-x64.bin' (on Amazon EC2). Installation completed nicely using MySQL database.

Getting the same error as OP when I click the dashboard link.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just restarted Confluence and everything works great.

This is a brand new installation. No pluggins installed. I have did a clean-up of the Home dir and restarted the application multiple times so far and it did not resolve the issue. The issue might be caused by poor specs on the server. I will upgrade the specs and see if it resolves the issue or if the cloud server is causing me issues.

Possibly Atlassian Soy Templates Plugin and/or Confluence Soy Templates Support Plugin got disabled. To check on this, navigate to Confluence Admin > Manage Add-Onsand ensure that the System Plugins and all of their modules are enabled.

PS: Are you using the bundled HSQLDB or connecting Confluence with an external database? If you are using an external database e.g. MySQL AND you failed to enable one or both of the mentioned plugins, you can try to manually enable it through the database following this documentation.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

78 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you