Configuring Issue Type

Nikhil Bhardwaj May 14, 2014

Hello -

Where should I go in JIRA to review and add a certain issue type (engineering story) to a particular story. Basically I have a story in a sprint and only a few issue types are available. Not sure how this happened as I did not configure annd of this, just jumping on board.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

An issue type scheme belongs to a project (or many project) and says "this project uses this list of issue types".

You can change issue types freely within the project - if they are configured identically, it's a simple edit, but if their config is different, you have to use "move issue" so Jira can check the change won't damage your data.

0 votes
Nikhil Bhardwaj May 14, 2014

Thanks Fabio, I'll take a look now. Do Issue Type schemes vary based on Creating or editing issue? Not sure if that makes sense.

I'm wondering if......Because this was created and I'm now trying to change the issue type, if that matters at all.

I'll update this thread once I dig in.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Hello Nikhil,

you need to review Issue Type Scheme related to your project. Please, keep in mind that there're two main "issue types" types (Standard Issu Types and Sub-Task Issue type).

From a Story, you can just create as sub-tasks, issue types that have been defined as Sub-Task issue type.

Here the official documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/7QESCw

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2014

By default JIRA defines just Exit Criteria/Technical Task/Subtask as issue type "Sub-task".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events