Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Clover in IntelliJ 13.1 and Maven 3

No Na July 2, 2014

Hello,

I didn't manage to find how to configure Clover so it would be able to know what is a test and what is not in my project hierarchy. For now, all my code is considered having 0% coverage rate, even my tests themself in the "cloverage" panel, and nothing is displayed in "Test Runs" panel.

I'm using Clover as a plug-in for IntelliJ 13.1. Note that I'm working on a maven project having 3 sub-modules with the default organization ( /src/main for the "real code" and /src/test for the tests to run for each sub-module.)

I've read through the documentation for clover and IDEA but I didn't find my solution. Plus, the interface of IDEA seams to have changed, for example in the "compiler" part of the settings, there isn't an "external build" option anymore.

Do you have any idea about it ?

Thank you !

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2014

I didn't manage to find how to configure Clover so it would be able to know what is a test and what is not in my project hierarchy.

Clover-for-IDEA assumes that all sources which:

• are located under 'Test Source Folders' (see File -> Project Structure -> Modules -> select a module -> Sources tab) and
  • are written in a framework recognized by Clover (JUnit3, JUnit4, TestNG, Instinct)

are test sources. All others are treated as application source.

Please ensure that you have a following check box selected, so that tests are instrumented:

File -> Settings -> Project Settings -> Clover -> Compilation tab -> Instrumentation box

"Instrument test source folders to enable per-test coverage and test optimization"

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2014

Plus, the interface of IDEA seams to have changed, for example in the "compiler" part of the settings, there isn't an "external build" option anymore.

Indeed, since IDEA 13 this option is not available anymore - the IDEA 13 is using the "external build" feature by default.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2014

For now, all my code is considered having 0% coverage rate.

Do you see your application and test classes in the "Cloverage" view? Do you see your source code coloured in red?

• If the answer is "yes" in both cases, then it means that your code has been instrumented by Clover but code coverage has not been recorded. There are few possible reasons of lack of code coverage, the most common are:
    • clover.db is not found/accessible by tests and application under test - this may happen when, for instance:
      • you're running tests on another machine (e.g. deploying to jboss)
      • or you're using a relative path in initstring and running tests from a different working directory (so that Clover is unable to find the database)

- you shall see warning messages in execution logs in this case
    • clover.jar is not on the class path when running your tests - both unit tests and application under test must have clover.jar on the classpath - in most cases they're launched directly from IDEA, in a single JVM, and Clover's JAR is already avaialble (see the global library named 'Clover IDEA Plugin' in your project); the JAR may be unavailable when:
      • you're launching tests in a non-standard way (by a script for instance)
      • your application is running in a separate JVM (on an application server for instance)
  • If the answer is "no", then it seems that you have not enabled Clover in your project or your project is written in a language not supported by Clover
    • please note that Clover supports both Java and Groovy but Groovy is not supported in IDEA and Eclipse IDEs (CLOV-939)
    • open the File -> Settings -> Project Settings -> Clover and check if 'Enable Clover' checkbox is selected
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events