Conditions for Mail Notification missing?

Philipp Oelwein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi,

it appears that creating an issue (issue type Task) doesn't generate a mail notification to the initial assignee. After looking forth and back for reasons I might be missing the forest for the trees. Any hint appreciated.

Our notification/workflow/event setup is the following:

• In the project's workflow scheme there's the workflow Task Simple assigned to the issue type Task.
  • In this workflow there's the incoming transition Create Issue going into the first workflow step Open.
  • This transition has a post function Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.
  • In the project's notification scheme there's the only notification Current Assignee set with the event Issue Created.
  • A bunch of particular persons is enrolled in the project role Developers. All of them are also members of the group jira-users.
  • Now, when initially creating a task, it's always assigned only to one of these persons.

So - using this described setup one should receive a notification per mail regarding this creation and assignment, right? But it doesn't happen.

The general mail setup is obviously ok, since other notifications are sent out, as well as in this particular project as in Jira generally.

What am I missing here? Are there other configuration issues I might have overlooked or forgotten?

Thanks and regards
Philipp

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philipp Oelwein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Problem disappeared by resolving a communiation issue. People were talking about different notifications.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2013

can you confirm that My Changes has selected as Notify me in user profile preferences

check here for to manage user profile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+your+User+Profile

Philipp Oelwein
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Ah, I forgot about that detail. It isn't applicable though, since the change (creation or assignment) isn't performed by the person himself.

Nevertheless - several minutes ago all turned out to be a techie-nontechie-communication glitch: The person who didn't get notification referred to a notification about the creation of the project itself - not to issues created inside the already existing project. In the latter case everything works like described in the OP.

Thanks anyway for the hint.
Philipp

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events