Comments not loading in Confluence

Mick Davidson July 3, 2012

Chaps,

I noticed yesterday that the Comments editor wasn't loading in Confluence. I've just tried it again now and it's still not loading.

This is the error msg I get:

Error loading the comment editor

Timeout while waiting for the editor resources to load.

There's an option to Retry loading the comment editor, when I click on that, the comment works normally. This is consistent behaviour, I've tried it three time on different pages and did the same thing each time.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Cheers.

5 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Hi Mick,

There are a couple of things that can be the cause of this issue, such as Confluence's load or corrupted plugin cache. Have you tried to reset plugin cache? Here's the brief steps of doing that.
1. Shutdown Confluence
2. Remove the following folders (they will be regenerated at startup):
<confluence_home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence_home>/plugins-cache
<confluence_home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence_home>/plugins-temp
3. Startup Confluence

Hope it helps. Cheers -Josua

Mick Davidson July 4, 2012

Rian,

thanks for the tip. I'll pass the info onto the support dept and get them to take a look.

I'll post a reply here when I find out more.

Cheers.

Mick Davidson July 4, 2012

Rian,

Thanks, we've just done this and it worked.

Cheers.

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

Most welcome Mick! Glad that it worked!

Chris Fouts September 29, 2020

we're using confluence cloud, and i can't see comments

0 votes
Jurriaan van Reijsen April 21, 2013

Hi,

We were facing the same issue. I cleared all cache folders and restarted our instances, but to no avail. The solution for us was to re-enable the JIRA connector plugin (a system plugin). For more information, please refer to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/CIDLEg Hope this helps for your situation!

0 votes
Elvin Gonzalez December 5, 2012

Rian, thanks for your answer. It also solved our problem!

0 votes
Tum Ruka November 8, 2012

We are having a similar problem, but only impacting Internet Explorer (tested with 8 and 9). Some users were also having issues with Firefox, which were corrected with the above fix, but all users are still getting the error in IE.

We have Confluence 4.3.2 with quite a set of plugins.

Any ideas? :(

0 votes
kunitaka August 27, 2012
Hi Rian I have faced with same problem. I found this solution. I tried but it doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events