Combine two triggers in Automation for JIRA

PH Norra PHR June 13, 2017

i want to set an automation that will send out an e-mail to a group of possible assignees when a specific component is selected.

1st trigger i've set is when the issue was created. this works fine.

However, in cases where we received a request from e-mail and portal (where default components are set), agents will review these requests and change the components as necessary. however, the group of assignees will not be notified via e-mail since the rule only fires during issue creation.

im not able to find field value changed in the multiple trigger. using issue updated is not an option as it fires the e-mail everytime the issue is updated, not a specific field. 

is there anyway to combine issue triggered & field value changed?

1 answer

1 vote
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Hi there,

Sorry for the slow response we missed this question.

Can you just use the field value changed trigger and select on issue create and update?

fvc-trigger.png

Here's an example trigger that would pick up Component changs for both create and edit issue operations.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
 Andreas

Victoria W June 11, 2020

I tried this and the automation did not get triggered when I created or edited the issue.

I changed the trigger to Issue Created and the automation ran fine. Then I changed the trigger to Issue Edited and the automation ran fine. But when I changed the trigger to what you show above, the automation was never trigger.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events