Cloud Confluence + Jira redirects

Hi, 

We've recently migrated all our data from self-hosted JIra/Confluence server, over to the Cloud, and would now like to point our old FQDNs, jira.example.com and wiki.example.com to respective cloud applications. 

I wouldn't like unnecessary complexity, and have a web server to do the redirect, but unfortunately, I was unable to find per cloud application FQDNs (and how to configure them) that I can use as data field of a CNAME records.

Can you suggest best approach to have jira.exmaple.com redirect to <company>.atlassian.net jira app, and wiki.example.com redirect to Confluence app?

Many Thanks,
Milos.

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion May 22, 2017

Hi Milos,

The url you can redirect users to for JIRA in the cloud is <company>.atlassian.net while Confluence can be found on <company>.atlassian.net/wiki

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Thanks Maarten, works for Jira all right, but isn't there a way to "kill both flies" with one stroke (i.e. take care of Confluence also using just a DNS record).

(Personally, I'd settle with just the Jira CNAME for both, but the users were already asking: "Where can I find Confluence?")

Maarten Cautreels Community Champion May 22, 2017

Hi Milos,

As far as I know there's not a specific DNS that points directly to Confluence. :-(

Best,

Maarten

Thanks. Apparently a web server rewrite/redirect cannot be bypassed, so I that's how I did it. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

111 views 4 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you