Cloud Backup and restore in local server

Boobalan S June 4, 2017

Hello Support 

we are evaluating the JIRA cloud and onpremise , we required your support how to backup the cloud version and restore in the local server, please help us 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2017

Hi Boobalan

This process, movement of cloud data to server is well documented here . Incase you need any support while performing this, you may contact the Atlassian support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thanks, Vishnu. 

Boobalan S June 5, 2017

Thanks Vishnukumar Vasudevan

I am testing in the trail envionrment , i am able to take the backup from cloud however when we restore on local server, it is not completed, is it required license ? 

please help me 

Boobalan S June 5, 2017

in the trail edition i am getting the following error

Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: The XML document does not contain the <entity-engine-xml> root element or it was closed too early.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Sounds like the backup process didn't complete proporly. 

As I said, can you get in rouch with Support Team ? They would be able to backend logs and help you out with a solution. 

Boobalan S June 5, 2017

Thanks for your support Vishnukumar 

Boobalan S June 5, 2017

Hi Vishnukumar

please share your contact details, so that i am share my exact requirement since my requirement is bit different 

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2017

Hi Boobalan

I am not from Atlassian support team, just another end user like you who would like to support/help otthers with the limited knowledge/access I have. 

As I mentioned in the first comment, Atlassian's support Team would be able to assist you as they would have access to your Cloud instance and logs. 

0 votes
Boobalan S June 6, 2017

Thanks for your support Vishnu 

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2017

Pleasure is mine. Hope you would be able to set up your server version without major issues. 

Boobalan S June 6, 2017

Hi Vishnu

we have configured server version 7.3 however now cloud version is 10 .  is it support ?

Regards

Boobalan S 

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2017

Cloud version would usually be the latest available release. So, as of now should be somewhere 7.3.x. Are you sure it's 10 in cloud? 

Boobalan S June 11, 2017

we are not able to find the cloud version, thanks for the information however we are able to export from cloud verion and we are not able to import to server 

Suggest an answer