Client response status: 403. Captcha might be required. Please try to log in via browser.

Anthony Glynn December 15, 2014

When I try to use the Eclipse Atlassian Connector plugin, I get "Client response status: 403. Captcha might be required. Please try to log in via browser." That is somewhat expected because I have another authentication that I need to get passed to get to Jira. However, what is not clear is how to use the Connector with the authentication I am using.

Specifically, I have the following questions:

• Can this connector (or eclipse itself by default) handle cookies? Because you need the cookie after authenticating to get through to Jira.
  • If there is a redirect, does the authentication information get sent to the new URL? In other words, in the Atlassian Connector configuration interface, I have entered the JIRA server location, label, username, and password. When I click to Validate settings, for example, I assume your plugin sends my credentials in a POST request to the JIRA server. But when you hit the JIRA server without a cookie that proves you are authenticated then you are redirected to the URL of the authentication service. So at that point, do you resend the POST request to that URL?
  • As far as that POST request, is it sending og_username and og_password? Those are the values of the "name" attributes on the log on form I believe. Is there any way to change that? Because as mentioned above, since ultimately I am having authentication go through a different service (not JIRA directly), I may want to change those names.

1 answer

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately Atlassian Connector for Eclipse does not support cookie based authentication and redirect to external auth services.

The only supported auth mechanism is HTTP Basic Auth when credentials are sent to JIRA in HTTP header and it is up to JIRA (or bundled auth) to process that. That works well with Crowd for instance.

You can read more about custom authenticators in following places:

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events