Chart Plugin: Creating Multiple charts by using all data from only one excel sheet

Jagbir Singh February 14, 2012

I have an excel sheet which has the following kind of data:

First Controller			
	RC1	RC2	7.0.3
Pass	95	94	95
Fail	0	0	0
Warning	4	5	4
NA	22	22	22

Second Controller			
	RC1	RC2	7.0.3
Pass	153	154	154
Fail	0	0	0
Warning	1	1	1
NA	27	26	26

Third Controller			
	RC1	RC2	7.0.3
Pass	21	21	21
Fail	1	1	1
Warning	5	5	5
NA	14	14	14

Fourth Controller		
	RC1	RC2	7.0.3
Pass	3	3	3
Fail	0	0	0
Warning	0	0	0
NA	1	1	1

All this data is in one excel sheet.

The Series (RC1, RC2, 7.0.3) keep increasing as data for more series added. SO basically the tables grow horizontally.

Now I would like to create four separate charts using the chart plugin for the four controllers.

How I would go about it, is that I would put this excel sheet in the macro body of the chart plugin. But that would be only for one chart. I could do that for all the four charts that I want, but how I specify in the chart plugin, how to pick only specific data from the respective excel sheet.

Is there a way for me to tell the chart plugin to pick only rows 3-6 for the first chart.

Rows 11-14 for the second chart.

Rows 19-22 for the thirst plugin and so on.

I can put all the controllers in separate sheets and then it would be very easy but the problem is that I have many more controllers and that would amount to a lot of sheets. Also the numbers of Pass, Fail etc are calculated based on some formula and so if I have separate sheets then I would have to keep adding a new column in every sheet which would be very time consuming.

So could someone please help me with this query?

'Is there a way for me to tell the chart plugin to pick only rows 3-6 for the first chart.

Rows 11-14 for the second chart.

Rows 19-22 for the thirst plugin and so on.'

I am using Confluence 4.1

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Column section is possible in both the excel and chart marcros, but row selection is not supported - enhancement request is XL-21. You would be better off making each chunk of data a sheet as sheet selection is also supported in the excel macro. Another alternative is to flip your data (make columns rows and rows columns) and set the appropriate content orientation on the chart macro.

Jagbir Singh February 15, 2012

Thanks for the help Bob. I shall flip the tables over.
One question though. How to I specify the range of columns to be used in the chart plugin.

Example: If I want to use columns 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 Then do I mentioned 5-9 or 5,6,7,8,9 in the 'Column' filed of the chart plugin?

thanks

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events