Change to a custom path for attachments

We are running JIRA 4.3.4 and would like to update the directory for JIRA attachments to be a custom directory. It was custom previously and inadvertantly changed to default during a change. We want to revert back but not sure where to make the change. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi,

I think this would be not good news for you. As documented, once the path for attachments is set to default directory, it cannot be changed.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+File+Attachments#ConfiguringFileAttachments-attachmentpathnote

So now, the recommended way is to create a symbolic link from the default attachment path to the target path where you want your attachment to be uploaded.

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

The documentation says you can't change from a custom path for attachments from a version prior to 4.2 and we are on 4.3.4. Just wanted to verify that the statement still applies to 4.X versions. Appreciate your response.

From what I understand, from version 4.2 on all the versions of JIRA doesnt allow to change the attachments directory.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

50 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you