Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password page is dead

George Hetrick November 13, 2017

My Atlassian password for my work account at silabs.com has apparently expired, but the change password page doesn't work. After I enter a new password and press Continue, I'm returned to the same page with the password cleared, and no error message of any sort.

2 answers

0 votes
George Hetrick November 15, 2017

Support suggested it was an issue with cookies, so I tried a different browser, which worked. I was using the Atlassian cloud.

All is good, now.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved this!

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi George,

Could you let me know what URL you are visiting when trying to change this password?  I just want to better understand if you're using an Atlassian Cloud (hosted by Atlassian) or an Atlassian Server product (hosted by your organization).

With this understanding we can better determine who we need to speak with next to correct this.

If this is a Server instance, then I suspect that you might not be able to reset your password in Jira in cases when Jira/Confluence are connected to external user directories like an LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory in order to get the users.    But this is largely speculation at this point.  If that is the case, then you would need to contact the admin of your LDAP instance in order to determine the best way to reset that account password.   

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events