Change filter subscriptions question

Rumceisz November 21, 2012

Hi All,

we are jira-admins.

Is it right that only the creator of a filter can share a filter and subscribe the filter for a group?

Anyway is it possible to subscribe the filter for a particular group??

A project lead wants that the members of a group get subscription emails. Is it possible or the members need to subscribe themselves one by one?

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Only owner can share it. But once shared, anyone can subscribe it as long as it is visible to them.

Rumceisz November 21, 2012

so let me specify:

the owner can share

but noone can suvscribe a user except the user itself?

One of our project lead wants to subscribe a whole group: so he wants to share and then to subscribe all the members. But you cannot do that, right?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

You can. You can share and/or subscribe the filter to a group. And once shared, the users can subscribe themselves as well.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Hi Rumi,

as far as I know I can setup subscriptions for a group if the filter has been shared with me. Then I can set the group I want to share it with...As long as the filter has been shared with them, too,

Cheers Christian

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

hi,

you can check the following for various permissions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Sreenivas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events