Change backup path in FishEye?

The FishEye docs on backup path mention: "The location to store the backups. Edit config.xml to change this setting."

But there is no further information, and the word "backup" doesn't even appear in config.xml. Anyone know how to change the backup path so I can set it to where our backup rsync script will see it?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes
Seb Ruiz Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2012

Although it is obscure, you can indeed change the backup path from config.xml. Config.xml does not contain all valid elements as we default to internal values, so you are better at looking at config.xsd (the xml schema definition which provides the allowed values).

You can add the <path>/full/system/backup/location</path> attribute to the <backup> element to specify the url.

Hi there.

Just an update about this, the <path> tag should be added right after the <schedule> element - otherwise Fisheye/Crucible will not start with the ERROR:

2012-12-10 11:33:01,958 ERROR - Errors parsing /opt/atlassian/fecru/inst/config.xml:
2012-12-10 11:33:01,964 ERROR - Problem with config file: Error parsing config file (see logs): /opt/atlassian/fecru/inst/config.xml

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

Hello...just in case someone else needs a sample to clarify further...

<backup><schedule enabled="true"><path>C:\_BAK_\FishEye\instance\backup</path><prefix>fisheye_backup_</prefix><date-pattern>yyyy_MM_dd</date-pattern><frequency>WEEKLY</frequency><time>07:00</time><items><item name="sql"/><item name="templates"/><item name="cache"/><item name="ao"/><item name="plugins"/><item name="uploads"/></items></schedule></backup>

The "path" element is placed inside the "schedule" element.

In my case, the config.xml filre refered to is located in "C:\FishEye\instance".

Regards,

David

But the scheduling section talks about directly changing the path from the administration window itself?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Backing+Up+and+Restoring+FishEye+Data#BackingUpandRestoringFishEyeData-SchedulingFishEyeBackups

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 2 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

36 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you