Change Security Level of many Issues at one time

Is it possible to change the security level of all issues in one Project which resolution date is older than today at one time.

For example with SQL in the MySQL database. Which field is used for defining the security level.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

There are two possibilities. One is filtering the issues and bulk-cange them. There is the problem that you can change only 1000 issues at one time and the "Last Changed" will be changed.

The second way is to go to the Database, backup it and go to the table "jiraissue". In the field "SECURITY" is the security level defined. By changig it there the "Last Changed" date will not be affected.

But as the atlassian Support says : we do not recommend making any direct changes through the database

So be careful :)

0 votes

Define a filter which finds the issues you are interested in changing (e.g. resolution date < -1d) and bulk-edit them.

If you try to do this in the database, you'll need to stop Jira, backup the database, prove the restoration works, apply the changes, restart Jira and reindex it.

The Problem with Bulk-Changes is that the "last changed" date will be replaced. Is there a possibility that the date will not be changed. I would like to avoid it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

136 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you