CentOS Firewall Settings Jira

Jason Stone October 31, 2013

I have disabled the firewall on CentOS 6.4 in order to connect to Jira. I edited the iptables to ACCEPT port 8080, however with Firewall on and that ACCEPT in iptables made it would time out trying to connect through the browser. What firewall settings have worked for you on linux so i can leave the firewall on and still connect to Jira?

3 answers

0 votes
kuminda Liyanage June 21, 2014

Hi, I am having a tough time getting my installtion of Jira working on centOS too. I have disabled iptables and SELinux. Still my broweser returns nothing. Any other tips to help me out. (very new to linux, have to search web to find how to delete a file from linux :( )

Deleted user January 19, 2015

I'm in the same boat as you. I was able to get JIRA working behind HAproxy as i gave up using their Jira with Apache guide. Now im getting 503 errors with Confluence config behind Haproxy. Anyone else having same issue. any known fix?

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2013

How are you redirecting port 80? Are you doing NAT translation? Do you have some sort of load balancer/webserver infront (e.g. Apache httpd, haproxy, IPTables doing NAT translation)?

Also, are you doing SSL?

Jason Stone November 6, 2013

I am not redirecting p:80, there are no NAT translations, no load balancing/webserver in front. And no SSL.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2013

Jason,

Check if you don't have SELINUX blocking the connection. Also, you might need to allow the Tomcat control port (which by default is 8005).

Jason Stone November 1, 2013

Thank you for the response. I have disabled the firewall and turned of SELINUX. And it is accesible via web browser. Obviously, I will be turning these back on, but do you have any configuration doc's that explain what configuration changes need to be made to the firewall and SELINUX?

Suggest an answer