Cant see Project Clone

Brian Kinita December 17, 2015

Hi,

I have installed the Project Clone Plugin but cant see the icon to to use this Plugin. How do you install this plugin and get it working ??

Thanks

Hi Chander,

The user is in the admin group but I dont get the add-ons in the left hand bar as below.

jira.jpg

We are running 7.0.4 and the plugin info is below:

plugin.jpg

This is a trail install before we go live

Thanks

Brian

1 answer

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015
Hi Brian,
  1. Navigate to the project’s overview page for the project you would like to clone.  To get to the project overview, use the dropdown on the “Projects” tab, and then select the project.
  2. Click the “Project Clone” plugin link on the left navigation bar under Add-ons PC.PNG.  Only users in the Jira Administrators group will see this link. If you do not see this link, please ensure that you are in the jira-administrators group and have a valid license for the plugin.
  3. Enter the project name and key for the new project that you would like to create. Do not enter the name or key of an existing project — This plugin will create the project for you.
  4. Check what you would like to clone into the new project from the project page that you are on.  Note that if you leave Components unchecked, it will not allow you to clone issues.  You may choose to clone just fix versions or just components, as well as just issues and components (or any other combination thereof).
  5. Click “Clone Project”, and a new project will be created with the name and key that you have specified, with the properties that you have checked transferred over to the new project.

You will need to manually go to the project you created in Agile- you will not automatically be taken there

Hope this helps
Regards.

Chander Inguva

Brian Kinita December 20, 2015

Hi Chander, The user is in the admin group but I dont get the add-ons in the left hand bar as below. We are running 7.0.4 and the plugin info is below: This is a trail install before we go live Thanks Brian

Suggest an answer