Cannot validate recently purchased Jira Starter License

Rudthapol Sirichoompun December 17, 2012

The system display following message when I continue to add recently purchased Jira starter license

JIRA support and updates for this license ended on 26/Dec/70. You are currently running a version of JIRA that was created after that date.

The current version of JIRA (5.2.2) was installed by Administrator on admin. As your current license is not valid for this version, your use of JIRA should be considered an evaluation.

Your evaluation period will expire in 29 days, 23 hours. After this period you will not be able to create new issues in JIRA.

If you wish to have access to support and updates, please renew your maintenance. Renewing your maintenance allows you continued access to great benefits.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Hi Rudthapol,

That sounds very odd indeed because if it is suggesting that the license expired "26/Dec/70" then that suggests it must be reading the expiry date as "1970", which can't be correct, so I suspect that you may have a corrupted license key. Therefore I would suggest that you contact our Sales/Licensing team, explain the situation and ask them to issue you with a new one.

They can be contacted by any of the methods on this page, although I would suggest either using the contact form or telephoning the office closest to you as the quickest way to get this resolved: http://www.atlassian.com/company/contact

It seems that you currently have an evaluation period from the license, so at the moment the application will continue to function as normal, and I can assure you that we will get your license fixed long before the evaluation period expires so you will continue to have a seamless experience with the product and my colleagues will be assist you in resolving the issue with the license.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer