Cannot upgrade the Universal Plugin Manager

James Golden September 21, 2012

I am having trouble updating the Universal Plugin Manager. When I click the link under the Plugins page to update now. It downloads just fine, then goes to installing and then something goes wrong. I do not get any error messages, nor can I find any in the logs folder. However it just sits with that screen seemingly forever. I have let it go for 30 and 40 minutes with no success.

I also attempted the backup method mentioned in your documentation. I used the old plugins manager. It says it is uploading, then sits at that screen forever. I let it go for 10 minutes before I attempted to quit out.

Each time confluence quits responding, then I have to restart the service. Then when it comes back up, it is the same plugin version 2.0.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Besides cleaning the bundled plujgin's cache, is necessary to try upload such version manually. If it fails it could be some database parameter.

0 votes
Miguel Rios September 2, 2013

Hi,

I have the same problem. Do you know how can I raise a ticket? I'm stuck with this.

Thanks!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

log into your my.atlassian.com account and should be able to raise a support ticket.

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

Hello James,

Based on your description I would like to suggest you to rebuild your bundled plugins (UPM is bundled also) and after this you can try again to upgrade your UPM, the procedure is the following:

* Stop your Confluence instance;
* Remove/delete the content from the following folders:

a) The <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins folder
b) The <confluence-home>/plugin-cache folder
c) The <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache folder
d) The <confluence-home>/plugins-temp folder

* Start your Confluence and try to upgrade your UPM;

If this approach doesn't work I would suggest you to raise a support ticket and so we can perform a better investigation of this problem that you're experiencing.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2012
James Golden September 23, 2012

Yes, sorry. That is what I meant by the "backup" method. Both have the same result. I am not sure what might be happening. I have confluence setup on it's own server, however it does connect to an SQL server.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events