Cannot unrestrict space

Eliot Harper September 25, 2012

Hello, I created a space with a restricted view, but now I cannot figure out how to unrestrict it. I've been to the space home page and given permissions to everyone, but the URL does not work for them and the space does not show on their dashboard, only mine. Please advise.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2012

Permissions and restrictions are separate - permissions give you generalised rights over the space, and restrictions then limit those rights later. So messing with permissions won't help you if you've made a mistake with restrictions. Except that you'll want to check that the right people have "restrict page" permission, so that they can edit them.

If you've restricted a page incorrectly, then you can go to the page and edit the restrictions. If you've restricted it from yourself, then you need space-admin rights, and you can go to the space-admin and look through the list of restricted pages - from there, you can remove/edit those restrictions.

One last thing to bear in mind is that restrictions cascade - if you limit a page to "group = fred" and then create child pages beneath it, those child pages will also be limited to "fred", but won't directly show that on the page because the restriction is on their parent. That's what usually fools me when looking at "can't see page" problems - I forget to work up the tree!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events