Cannot start Plugin Mangar on JBoss 4

I'm installing JIRA 5.2.4 on JBoss 4. Every thing is working fine except for Universal Plugin Manager. After JIRA starts up it is disabled and log gives me this error:

{quote}

2:22:55,851 INFO STDOUT 2013-01-20 02:22:55,727 Spring executor 8 ERROR plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin Unable to start the Spring context for plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'linkBuilder' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type com.atlassian.upm.rest.async.AsynchronousTaskManager : : Error creating bean with name 'asynchronousTaskManager' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'asynchronousTaskManager' defined in URL bundle://95.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml : Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

{quote}

I found this that can help but it is FishEye related.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Unable+to+start+the+Spring+context+for+plugin

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

Jboss is not listed as a supported application server (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Supported+Platforms) it means that Atlassian have not tested its features on Jboss and some of those features may not be compatible to this application server.

Because of this I would suggest that you consider moving to Tomcat, which is the only supported application server.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

109 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you