Cannot set up resolutions for a newly created workflow for the Kanban Board

Deepen Sapra October 31, 2012

I created a new Workflow to manage our Kanban process. Everything seems to work well and the status transitions are working as designed. However, everytime I move the issue from one status to another, the Resolution field does not change - for example; if the Resolution was "Unresolved", then this will not change as I transition from one state to another. Can someone advise me on how I can have the resolutions change when I change transition from one state to another?

2 answers

0 votes
Deepen Sapra November 6, 2012

Omar: Can you please review the comments I made above and respond to it accordingly? I don't think I am using the Greenhopper Simplified Workflow. My intentions are to use a customized workflow that fits our Kanaban project and we are attempting to get the appropriate resolutions when we transition between the lanes (states). Your advice and assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hi,

It seems that you are using the GreenHopper Simplified Workflow, in order to set the resolution, you may put screen on the global transition(s) for the 'Done' column, you may check this page. Or you can set the post functions to set the Resolution accordingly.

Cheers,

Omar

Deepen Sapra November 1, 2012

Thank you for the prompt response.

I do not want to use the Simplfy Workflow. I want to use the one I created specifically for the Kanban Board. So the issue when I transition from one Kanban lane to another - from "In Development" to "UI", I want the resolution screen to pop up so that the Developer can change it accordingly. However, I cannot do that now. The only thing it does is when I when I move the issue to "Done", then I get the screen to change the Resolution - which is what you mentioned.

I have attached some screenshots for your reference so that you may advise me better.

1. Screenshot of the Configuration screen of the Kanban Baord

2. Screenshot of issue prior to transition.

3. Screenshot of issue post transition.

Deepen Sapra November 1, 2012

Screenshots:

Suggest an answer