Cannot install add-on from market place to team account.

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bitbucket Cloud add-ons

Not all applications found in Marketplace show up under team "Find new add-ons". When trying to install add-on directly from MarketPlace, it automatically installs to my personal account. Unable to force it to install for the team account. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Bitbucket Cloud add-ons can have one of two different add-on contexts:

Add-on context determines the level at which an add-on is visible and active once a user installs the add-on.

account (default): the account context limits the add-on to the account or team which installed the add-on. In this case the add-on will be visible to anyone with access to the repository, account, or module containing the add-on.

personal: only the user who installs the add-on will be able to see the add-on, and it will "follow" the user around the site.

If an add-on has been registered in the Marketplace with the 'personal' context only, it cannot be installed to a team account and the Marketplace already filters them from the "Find new add-ons" listing accordingly.

If I am just browsing the marketplace, is there a way to tell that the plug-in is only for personal use and cannot be used by a team account? I am unable to determine that from browsing a plug-in page.

@Sandor Pakh - good question/suggestion, I'm afraid this kind of filter not available yet in the Marketplace web UI. You could file a resp. improvement request in the Atlassian Marketplace (AMKT) JIRA project.

Thank You for your response. Minor issue created

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-16114

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

132 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you