Cannot generate Workload Reports

Felix Grundmann July 25, 2012

I want to enable time tracking within our Jira installation (version 5.0.2). Based on the documentation I also installed Jira Charting Plugin through the Plugin Manager. It installed version 1.8 of this plugin -> as recommended in the documentation. Finally, I restarted Jira and added two custom fields like explained in the documentation. I am done I guess.

Now, I want to test this report in a test project but whatever report I select I only receive the following error message:

(first lines only)

Could not execute action [ConfigureReport!default]:
Unknown constant tag 111 in class file com/atlassian/jira/web/action/browser/ConfigureReport<p><small>
<small><pre>java.lang.ClassFormatError: Unknown constant tag 111 in class file com/atlassian/jira/web/action/browser/ConfigureReport
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at...

Any idea?

3 answers

0 votes
Felix Grundmann July 29, 2012

I was trying any report that is offered by Jira. I want to enable time tracking and started to evaluate on-board tools first. Based on Jira documentation I have to add this plugin to my Jira installation.

It seams so that no report is working. :-(

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Are you refererring to User Workload Report? In that case Charting plugin is not needed. Or is it some other report you are trying?

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

May I suggest that you try one one or multiples of these plugins to find the features you are looking for? Might be easier..

Alot of efforts in this problem space and I think you will find a solution.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=time+tracking

Felix Grundmann July 29, 2012

Thanks - I have a (hopefully) complete list of possible plugins. Most of them are outdated and not supported in my Jira version anymore.

As I want to enable time tracking in our company I was thinking to start with on-board tools first for my evaluation. Any idea why reporting does not work at all?

Suggest an answer