Cannot Open Attachments after migration of JIRA

John Anderson November 4, 2012

Hi,

We migrated JIRA to a different server and restored the data from a JIRA Backup taken from the front end. After the migration we were not able to open the Attachments but everything else looks good. Please let me know how we should move forward. As we are done with our migration part and now we are facing this Attachment not found error.

Thanks,

Sandeep

2 answers

0 votes
Roy Chapman April 24, 2015

I know this was raised a long time ago, but I had the same issue.  It was admin error.  Basically, when you import a project dont expect to be able to copy the attachments after the event. You need to make sure the attachments are located under JIRA_HOME/import/attachments BEFORE you start the import.  The import process will copy the attachments as it needs them.

Anyhow, added this comment in case it helps someone else down the linbe

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hi John,

Have you copied the JIRA Home Directory? I mean there are the attachments. If not, I'd recommend to check out in Back up your JIRA Home directory documentation.

Also you could look at Attachment Path (Administration > System > Advanced > Attachments (tab)) in the old JIRA and, then copy the data into the new JIRA server. There is also Configuring File Attachments documentation.

Moreover you could use Upgrading JIRA Manually as a guide to try to figure out which step you may missed.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Cheers

Suggest an answer