Cancelling Jira OnDemand causing Confluence OnDemand to cancel?!?

christinamcgu February 4, 2013

For the last 6-8 months I've had onDemand subscriptions to Confluence, Jira and Gliffy. I no longer need Jira and Gliffy, so went to my account to deactivate Jira and Gliffy and as soon as I clicked 'De-activate' next to Jira I got the message below. I can't access Technical Support - can't login, so can't get in touch with anyone at Atlassian to submit a request. Tried phoning Amsterdam but it's an answering machine and recommends that you support.atlassian (which I can't!).

OnDemand renewal due in 2 days - which means if this isn't fixed we will lose all our content in Confluence!

Any advice?

Message: Your product subscription will not be automatically renewed. Your hosted instance will be removed when it expires. Please contact us if you wish to activate your subscription.

2 answers

2 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Christina, by this time, I believe you've probably solved this problem, nevertheless, I'll post my answer here because your question can be another user's doubt.

Yes, if you turn off JIRA from a JIRA + Confluence instance, it'll bring everything down. This happens because JIRA is the main application (the structure) of your entire OnDemand instance. Thus, if you deactivate it, it brings everything down.

If you wish to cancel JIRA, you've to contact support.atlassian.com, this way an Atlassian Support Engineer will help you through the procees of disabling JIRA and raising a new instance (it can have the same domain name of the previous instance) with just Confluence. Then, you'll be able to continue using OnDemand with a Confluence-only instance.

Just for the record, the process of adding JIRA to an OnDemand instance, which is the opposite of what you're trying to do, can be found here:

- How to Add JIRA to a Confluence OnDemand

Either way, if you wish to perform any of those actions, please contact Atlassian Support to get further instructions.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
christinamcgu February 4, 2013

Basically my Confluence content is going to disappear because I switched off Jira onDemand(?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events