Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have single external database schema for bamboo and fisheye

chaudharys1 August 5, 2012

I am in middle of configuring the production bamboo server, was curious to know if we have external database schema as bamboo_db configured for bamboo only.

Now, I want to use same schema for fisheye, which will linked with bamboo server.

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Hi Chaudharys,

Please accept my apologies if I have misunderstood your question but Bamboo and FishEye will have different database schemas, in that they will contain different tables for different functions, so in that regard it wouldn't be possible to use the same schema for both applications.

However, if you are merely referring to the empty database creation, (with encoding schema, database owner, etc etc), then you could certainly use the same properties for both applications, although they will require an empty database to populate with their data. So, depending on how we define schema, this is either possible or not as I have described.

All the best,
John

chaudharys1 August 7, 2012

Thanks John

Let me have some user story.

I am setting up new bamboo-4.0.1 application on production server, I have already configured external database oracle 11g (schema as bamboo_db) with bamboo and its working fine. Later on I realized that fisheye also need a datbase.

Ques1: Can i configure fish eye with bamboo_db as an external database assuming that there will be no conflict between bamboo and fish eye table structure?

Ques2: Shall I create a new schema as fisheye_db and then configure?

Ques3: I have installed bamboo-4.0.1 and the JIRA version is 4.2, while linking the JIRA with bamboo I noticed that both is having version conflict. and JIRA 4.2 is compatible with bamboo 3.0

Want to understand what is the major difference with bamboo 3.0 and bamboo 4.0?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events