• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can the default JIRA attachment path be set to a filesystem on a different server or does the filesystem need to reside on the same server as the JIRA application?

Can the default JIRA attachment path be set to a filesystem on a different server or does the filesystem need to reside on the same server as the JIRA application?

Deleted user September 8, 2013

After researching the information contained in the JIRA documentation for configuring file attachments (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+File+Attachments) I see that the file attachment path can be changed. Can that path be set for a filesystem directory on a different server or do the file attachments need to reside on the same server as the JIRA instance?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 9, 2013

OK.. sort of, thank you! That's enough to run with for now. ;-}

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2013

No, but sort of, but yes.

The Jira home directory can be anywhere you want it. The only rule is that the Jira service *must* be able to read/write it in full. The attachments must be underneath that.

Now, if you're on a Unix based operating system, you can do all sorts of clever things with great ease... symbolic links, mounted disks over the attachments directories, and so on, and it's irrelevant whether they are just disks, SAN, NFS, USB, something else, doesn't matter. As long as Jira sees a disk like system, you're fine.

Windows can do something similar of course, but I'm not so familiar with it, so I can't tell you the right words to google for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events