Can't use Greenhopper - get error "Scrum boards are currently unavailable"

darren_gibbons January 22, 2013

I've just installed Greenhopper against our existing (recently upgraded) Jira install so that we can evaulate it.

I've created a new project in Jira, and created a new board for it. When I click the Plan tab I see the following error in the modal dialog:

{noformat}

Error

Scrum boards are currently unavailable. An administrator must perform a re-index before you can use Scrum board functionality.

{noformat}

I have followed the steps here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=284366812

and I can confirm that the field is present on all the issue fields, and the correct searcher is being used. I've reindexed several times, but the issue doesn't seem to be going away.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2013

Hey there.

Since you mentioned that you have ensured that you can confirm that the Sprint field is present in all Field Configurations and search template is also set properly, have you tried to perform the Full Reindex rather than a background re-indexing?

Warm regards,

Danial

darren_gibbons January 22, 2013

Hi Danial,

You are correct - a full reindex (instead of a background reindex) solved this problem.

Thanks!

Darren.

Suggest an answer