Can't see story points field in GreenHopper tasks

Erez Efrati November 5, 2011

I selected "scrum" project template and the page indicates that it is saved automatically.

Now, it seems that this settings is not really saved because if I go back to the project and back into the settings it still indicates "default" for the project template.

I understand that I need the "scrum" template in order to work with story points.

How can I fix this?

EDIT: I followed the instructions on how to change the template for an existing project. Going into the "Planning Board" under "Tools" there is no "Configure" menu item that I can click on. So, my project is still in the default template without story points feild etc.

Thanks,

Erez

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

Sounds like a permission issue. Check the global permissions and permission schemes to ensure you have full rights to scheduling and assignment of issues. I think the global greenhopper config also has some permission checkboxes, as well as the defaul fields for cards, summaries and lists.

Erez Efrati November 6, 2011

I am in the Administrators group and also in users and developers. It's a fresh hosted setup so I supposed it should work right out of the "box". But it doesn't.

Thanks,

Erez

Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2011

Erez, Can you check if your user account also has the "administrator project role"? If the permission scheme is still default then in order to get the "configure" menu item you will need to have administrator permissions on that project. (Being member of the administrators user group does not mean you have the proect role by default, unless you configure the default members setting for this)

Suggest an answer