Can't see Epic Label in view/edit screens

Brian Harvell November 29, 2012

We enabled the Epic lab feature in greenhopper and love it so far. One problem we are having is I can't see the epic label in the view screen of an issue. I have found that Epic Link shows up however it is only the issue key and it's not even hyperlinked so you have to then open the issue manually to see what epic it is.

Perfect world we would be able to view and edit the epic label directly from the issue view/edit screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is this capability not there yet?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Harvell December 13, 2012

Indeed, when we open a story in JIRA, the Epic Link field shows the Epic key instead it's name or even a link to see the Epic related.

I went ahead and already created a request to change it. You can see it here. I suggest you to vote and add yourself as a watcher to receive future updates. Also, feel free to add any comments there, it will reach our developers directly.

Also, I've found two another requests that you might be a watcher as well, they are related to this case and will help a lot to administer GH in the future:

0 votes
Paul Pobursky December 11, 2012

You are correct I'm having the same issue (well maybe feature request) with all of my projects too. I'll be waiting for an answer too!

Brian Harvell December 11, 2012

Here is the answer I receieved.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the clarification.
Indeed, when we open a story in JIRA, the Epic Link field shows the Epic key instead it's name or even a link to see the Epic related.

I went ahead and already created a request to change it. You can see it here. I suggest you to vote and add yourself as a watcher to receive future updates. Also, feel free to add any comments there, it will reach our developers directly.

Also, I've found two another requests that you might be a watcher as well, they are related to this case and will help a lot to administer GH in the future:

Hope that helps.
Let me know if is there anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,
Andre

0 votes
Brian Harvell December 8, 2012

Let me rephrase. When I associate a Story with an Epic via Greenhopper I had assumed it would populate Epic Label in the Story. However it seems like it only updates Epic Link in the Story and Epic Label is left blank.

The problem is when viewing an issue you see Epic Link is just an issue key. Unless you know the issue key you have to search for that issue to determine which Epic it is associated with.

0 votes
Carsten A.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2012

Since epic label is not stock JIRA, but comes with Greenhopper, it's normal you can't see it with default settings. On administration you can set which customfields should be visible on what pages.
(If you don't know exactly where to setup those, I will look tomorrow at work for further guidance.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events