Can't resolve issues during issue transition

Hi,

We can't resolve issues when we transition them into closed or deployed status. I looked at the following link (scroll down), but the post functions I see in a transition don't have resolve option:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Also, it seems these edits to transitions can only be done on a draft of the workflow? Then how do we update it so that all of our transitions to closed (there are ~10 going in) resolve this issue? This seems like it should be a super simple thing to do - maybe I am missing something!

Thanks,

Mark

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

Basically, I think you should check the post function and add the function to change the resolution field to Fixed/Resolved. Then, the issue will become resolved eventually.

Also, it seems these edits to transitions can only be done on a draft of the workflow?

Yes, in draft you can edit in transition but is for temporary purpose. After confirmed every things change in workflow, you may publish it and make the workflow become permanently to be daily used.

Then how do we update it so that all of our transitions to closed (there are ~10 going in) resolve this issue?

You can use the Bulk Edit: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

Hope it helps.

Question is little confusing, at least for me. I guess you need to set a value to the field ‘Resolution’ over transition, if so you can achieve this with the help of Post-function.

The available post-function is ‘Update Issue Field’.

Sorry, didn't get the second part.

Mizan Community Champion Jan 15, 2013

In your workflow there is no transition from closed/deployed to resolved . You will need to add these transition then publish the draft for the changes to take effect.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 2 hours ago in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

8 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you