Can't resolve issues during issue transition

Mark Ungerer January 15, 2013

Hi,

We can't resolve issues when we transition them into closed or deployed status. I looked at the following link (scroll down), but the post functions I see in a transition don't have resolve option:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Also, it seems these edits to transitions can only be done on a draft of the workflow? Then how do we update it so that all of our transitions to closed (there are ~10 going in) resolve this issue? This seems like it should be a super simple thing to do - maybe I am missing something!

Thanks,

Mark

3 answers

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

In your workflow there is no transition from closed/deployed to resolved . You will need to add these transition then publish the draft for the changes to take effect.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

Question is little confusing, at least for me. I guess you need to set a value to the field ‘Resolution’ over transition, if so you can achieve this with the help of Post-function.

The available post-function is ‘Update Issue Field’.

Sorry, didn't get the second part.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

Hi Mark,

Basically, I think you should check the post function and add the function to change the resolution field to Fixed/Resolved. Then, the issue will become resolved eventually.

Also, it seems these edits to transitions can only be done on a draft of the workflow?

Yes, in draft you can edit in transition but is for temporary purpose. After confirmed every things change in workflow, you may publish it and make the workflow become permanently to be daily used.

Then how do we update it so that all of our transitions to closed (there are ~10 going in) resolve this issue?

You can use the Bulk Edit: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer