cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove a blog in a space I'm an admin for

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

I created a space an added a blog to it. Now I can't remove the blog because the Tools menu doesn't appear on the blog page.

Atlassian's info says I can: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Deleting+Blog+Posts

I'm the space admin and have all permissions selected.

Any idea what's going wrong? We're using 4.3.7 locally.

Cheers.

3 answers

0 votes
David Wu April 3, 2014

We use RefinedWiki Original Theme plugin V3.5.2.1. I found this problem only happened when select documentation theme, go to space admin and select other themes like global or RefinedWiki Original theme the blog can display manu bar approriately and the blog can be removed from tools>remove. When disable RefinedWiki plugin blog page back to normal and can be removed. So obviously it's a bug on RefinedWiki Original Theme plugin

0 votes
David Wu February 9, 2014

I got same problem, any clue to fix this problem? David

Tamara Khan April 2, 2014

I, too, have all the permissions and yet I can't delete a blog post (it's a test that I'd like to get rid of). We have Confluence 5.4-OD-20-007.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

just recheck you should have selected "Remove" permission on Blog

check here to mange space permissions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Space+Permissions+Overview

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

Rambanam,

Thanks. Yes, I have all the permissions. There are four space admins and we all have all the permissions. Cheers.

Tamara Khan April 2, 2014

I, too, have all the permissions and yet I can't delete a blog post (it's a test that I'd like to get rid of). We have Confluence 5.4-OD-20-007.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events