Can't link to or import iCalendar

Patrick Stickler December 16, 2012

I'm trying to add some Finnish public holidays to a new Team Calendar, and whether I try to link to the URI

webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/Finnish32Holidays.ics (also tried changing 'webcal://' to 'http://' but no luck)

or else directly import the iCal data as an .ics file, it reports "The uploaded data does not seem to be iCalendar content".

But this same calendar works fine in both Google calendar and Mac OS.

???

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

It might not be in iCalendar format. Please do not confuse it with Apple iCal. Also, please try to open the .ics file and check whether it has the core object.

Patrick Stickler December 16, 2012

OK, the problem was the preamble (thanks for having me look at the core object def)...

The original file began with

BEGIN:VCALENDAR

METHOD:PUBLISH

VERSION:2.0

PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iPhoto//EN

X-WR-CALNAME:FI Holidays

X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Los_Angeles

CALSCALE:GERGORIAN

PREFERRED_LANGUAGE:FI

BEGIN:VEVENT

which I simplified to just

BEGIN:VCALENDAR

VERSION:2.0

PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iPhoto//EN

BEGIN:VEVENT

Apparently the additional lines in the definition led Confluence to conclude it wasn't an iCal file.
In any case, that solved the problem. Thanks!
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

Also note the typo in CALSCALE (GERGORIAN instead of GREGORIAN)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events