Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't go beyond setup (first screen) that asks for license

Kumaril Bhattacharya March 4, 2013

I have a valid production license. I even created 3 evaluation licenses during installation (as license I just bought didn't work). However, none of the licenses work. I get the error The license you entered was not valid.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kumaril Bhattacharya March 10, 2013

The issue was resolved.

I followed the instructions given by customer support

1) Please check if don't have two lines associated to the Home directory in <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties. It supposed to be just one.
2) Also this can be permission problem on your <CONFLUENCE-HOME> directory or on the <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml file. So check if the user that is running Confluence has proper rights to read and write in the file and the directory.

Than I restarted the process

2. First time, I got an evaluation license (even tho I had a startup license)
3. Once that worked, I updated the license to the starter license.
4. Then I tested creating pages and such ... and it worked

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2013
Is there any screenshot of the error?
0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Did you associate the correct Server ID number when generating the license? Are you using the correct license for the correct product?

Kumaril Bhattacharya March 10, 2013

The issue was resolved.

I followed the instructions given by customer support

1) Please check if don't have two lines associated to the Home directory in <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties. It supposed to be just one.
2) Also this can be permission problem on your <CONFLUENCE-HOME> directory or on the <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml file. So check if the user that is running Confluence has proper rights to read and write in the file and the directory.

Than I restarted the process

2. First time, I got an evaluation license (even tho I had a startup license)
3. Once that worked, I updated the license to the starter license.
4. Then I tested creating pages and such ... and it worked

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events