Can't create ticket in support

Benjamin SECLIER February 28, 2018

Hi,

I'm not able to create a ticket in the atlassian support. I'm able the click on "Create" on the top of the JIRA plateform, than I can add a title, a severity, etc. but when I click on "Create" to submit my issue, I have this error : User 'benjamin.seclier' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission

How can I do to create a ticket ?

Thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

Screenshot please.

Capture du 2018-02-28 16_09_13.png

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

That is not atlassian support. That is the atlassian public bug tracker. No one is allowed to raise bugs directly, and instead must go through Atlassian Support to raise bugs. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Thank you Steven, it's complicated to find where to submit a ticket easily...

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

It has changed recently so there is a lack of clarity, agreed.

0 votes
Benjamin SECLIER March 7, 2018

Hello Shannon,

In fact, on this page : https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ I can read :

"If you think you've found a bug, you can visit our system status and bug reports."

So I went to the bug report link and I think I cliked ont the "Click here" link and I was able to click on the "Create" button on the top of the jira's page. After that, you have my screenshot :)

I should have read the contact page until the end.

Cheers,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

It is a bit confusing, but the main point here is that you can check existing bug reports on the link in case you've run into a known issue. It would save you from having to raise a support ticket as well.

I'll report this now to our Customer Technologies team because it is an odd workflow. Thank you for pointing that out!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hi Benjamin,

As Steven mentioned, it's only possible for users to create feature requests, and bugs should go through our Support Teams on our Support Platform.

Since the Contact Us links and the Support pages mentioned on our primary site all lead to support.atlassian.com, do you mind sharing with us how you came to jira.atlassian.com? I want to make sure that the source is clear there so others don't run into the same issue.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events