Can't create an issue through the side bar of Bonfire

I'm using 1.6.2 bonfire plugin. Tried to create an issue through the side bar of bonfire, however it complaints a mandatory field was

needed. In fact the mandatory field was not displaied in the side bar and therefore i'm not possible to create any issue through it.

Is there any way we can configure the mandatory field enable in the sidebar?

4 answers

1 accepted

Bonfire uses the Create Issue screen scheme to determine which fields to display for a given Project and Issue Type.
What it can't handle at the moment is custom fields that come from other plugins.

Is your mandatory field provided by JIRA itself or another plugin?

That field is coming from the project partner, Will it be the problem?

Any plan on coming release will cater the problem of mandatory fields that come from the other plugins?

The issue tracking this problem is at

The main problem with it is the potential of running untrusted HTML code in the privileged execution environment of a browser extension.
We are looking into solutions though.

Can you tell me is there any chance we can configure Bonfire such that we can by pass mandatory fields of the third party plugins when create issue?

Can we have an update on this issue please - we have bought Bonfire licences which we cannot use until this problem is resolved -as there does not appear to be a work around. We cannot get the mandatory fields displayed to set them, and we cannot set a new screen scheme for Bonfire to use to avoid it.

At this stage, we're still looking into what we can do about this particular issue.

Which field are you having this issue with (or which plugin it's coming from)?

Its the DB Values Plugin. It is a mandatory field in our implementation as we use it to lookup and set the time/cost code for each JIRA against our time recording system. IS there a mechanism to "park" our bonfile licence? - as it stands at the moment we have bought something we cant use, and if you dont provide a solution will never be able to use.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

175 views 3 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot