Can't connect externally, port is open

I'm in the process of migrating a server, and I can't get Crucible to respond externally. System is Windows Server 2008 R2.

After I extract the files and run start.bat, I can access Crucible from the server via either ip or domain name. If I try to connect externally, I just get a connection timeout with either the ip or domain name. The port is open in the firewall, and nothing else is listening on the port. I already have Jira running with no problem, and I don't remember any issues like this when I was first installing crucible several months ago. I am by no means a server expert so its probably some minor thing I missed...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Go to another box on the same network if you can (ie internal). Try telnetting to the server port, if you can connect you have an external firewall /routing issue. If you can't connect you probably have an application firewall issue on the actual server. I've fallen for that a number of times.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

40 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you