Can't configure username on report

Jay November 8, 2012

I'm trying to configure a report and get the following error:

The user you selected does not exist, or you do not have permission to select users.

I'm a system admin, and I get this error when trying any username, including my own.

I got there from the main project page, Reports dropdown, User Workload Report (and other reports as well).

Thanks,

Jay.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2012

Admin rights do not automatically give you all abilities (that's an awful model, although the "admin only gets admin" is counter-intuitive at first glance).

You probably need to grant yourself the right global permission to "browse users". Go to Admin -> Global Permissions and look for the browse users permission and make sure the right groups are enabled (if you don't mind all your users being able to see all the other users, then jira-users is probably an excellent choice here!)

Sergey Sheypak October 14, 2015

Lol, probably it's the reason why permission helper is not working?

Sergey Sheypak October 14, 2015

Can't find such permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2015

Have you checked under Global permissions? It hasn't changed in the 3 years since this was asked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events