Can't attach screenshot using Java browser plugin after OSX update

Manny Toledo November 5, 2012

The most recent update of OSX has removed Java plugins and required the user to reinstall or reenable plugins. When Java plugins the user would re-enable the plugin in Safari the first time they try to attach a screenshot to an Issue. When the user attempts to paste the screen shot into the window offered by JIRA java will hang and eventually the screen will go blank showing no fields just the header with instructions but all the java parts disappear.

I've tested this in the latest versions of Firefox for Mac and Safari in OSX 10.8.2 running Java 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manny Toledo November 12, 2012

There seems to be a known bug in OSX thi sis the response I received from support.

Hi Manny

After reproducing the error here, I believe that this case is related to a new BUG, which workaround is reverting the JAVA plugin to a previous version. The related JIRA applet (attach screenshot) doesn't seems to be properly working with the described plugin update in a MAC-OS.

So, I encourage you to vote for the ticket above and to add yourself as a watcher. In case of an update, you'll be notified by email.

Please let us know about your questions and concerns, as well how it goes.

Kind regards,

Paulo Renato
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Marian cuevas June 12, 2014

same problem here and with windows 7.

0 votes
Teresa Pérez Campos November 12, 2012

I also have the same problem, when i try to attach a screenshot the sistems redirects me to the Oracle web site.

I use a Windows 7 machine

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Hi Manny

I believe that this error is related to any JS restriction or bad browser plugin functionality. However, did you check this behavior from a Windows machine?

Anyway, perhaps you should raise a support ticket for further assistance.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events