Can't Delete tickets

Derrick Youngblood February 25, 2013

a user is saying that he does not have the delete option on tickets. Do you know if that is a permission thing? He does not appear to be a member of the same groups as me. I don’t want him to have admin access but I think they should be able to delete tickets

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2013

Yes, it's permissions - probably not groups.

Go to the project, open up the "permission scheme" and look for "delete" - you'll probably find it says something like "jira administrators" (where the rest of the permissions sat things like role:users, jira-adminstrators, role:developers). Then match his groups and roles against it.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013
0 votes
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Have a look at the Permission Scheme:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

There is a permission called "Delete Issues".

Suggest an answer