Can questions be removed from answers.atlassian.com?

I have a question that had a number of views, and I enjoy the karma and appreciate the effort put forth in answers and comments, but I don't think the question or the answers have benefitted the community like I'd hoped. Should I create a Jira ticket to have the question removed, or is there I way I can remove it, or does it just stay there forever? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Thanks, this is a conscientious post. Not that I had you in mind particularly or anything, but I'm just glad to see you've got the right spirit about this.

I've just lowered the karma required to close a question to 500 (you're past that). I had raised it previously because people were confusing closing a question with accepting an answer, and I hadn't really seen too much point in closing questions (I can delete spam altogether, as an admin). Given that I was deleting spam altogether and didn't want people to mistakenly close posts, I upped the limit on closing posts.

A closed post should do a couple things:

1. Prevent further comments and answers
  2. Remove the question from showing in the search results

It likely won't remove it from Google (that is, once we fix indexing, but that's coming shortly). Maybe that's okay.

Perfect! Thanks, Jeremy!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in United States

Thanksgiving Tuesday

Good morning All, First of all, Happy early Thanksgiving from the NOVA AUG Leaders! I am anticipating no one will be looking at the group on Thanksgiving Day 😊 Today's topic will be different th...

30 views 4 2
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you