Can questions be removed from answers.atlassian.com?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

I have a question that had a number of views, and I enjoy the karma and appreciate the effort put forth in answers and comments, but I don't think the question or the answers have benefitted the community like I'd hoped. Should I create a Jira ticket to have the question removed, or is there I way I can remove it, or does it just stay there forever? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2011

Thanks, this is a conscientious post. Not that I had you in mind particularly or anything, but I'm just glad to see you've got the right spirit about this.

I've just lowered the karma required to close a question to 500 (you're past that). I had raised it previously because people were confusing closing a question with accepting an answer, and I hadn't really seen too much point in closing questions (I can delete spam altogether, as an admin). Given that I was deleting spam altogether and didn't want people to mistakenly close posts, I upped the limit on closing posts.

A closed post should do a couple things:

1. Prevent further comments and answers
  2. Remove the question from showing in the search results

It likely won't remove it from Google (that is, once we fix indexing, but that's coming shortly). Maybe that's okay.

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Perfect! Thanks, Jeremy!

Suggest an answer