Can i still use Crowd after switching to Jira/Confluence Data Center ?

Currently i use Confluence and JIRA where both apps sync ther user db from Crowd and SSO is enabled.

what if i choose to deploy a data center license and add nodes to each app.

will that affect any behavior of how authentication and SSO Session is handled?

i am asking because i read some new SAML 2.0 implementation to allow SSO on Data Center deployments.

please don't tell me that SSO in this Environment is only possible via 3rd Party SAML Providers

regards

4 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

You can still use Crowd with Datacenter installations. Configuration is the same.

well thats good news smile

thank you

0 vote
Marcin Kempa Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2017

While having JIRA Data Center together with Confluence Data Center which synchronise users from Crowd it is still possible to rely on the SSO provided by Crowd. 

The new SAML 2.0 authentication option, which was added recently to Data Center products allows you to achieve SSO using 3rd party Identity Provider. You may still use Crowd in this setup for user management and authorisation. The following documentation describes it into more details.

0 vote

For large numbers of users, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-64230

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Riddle me this

Happy Friday, Funmakers! We had a Community Team offsite in Austin this week, and my mind feels primed for thinkin' from all the brainstorming we did!  So, this week's Friday Fun thread w...

126 views 14 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you