Can a custom field be added to a Project where the Project Admins can update the values like the built in Fix/Version or Component fields?

Hi

I am just a user of jira, ie not an administrator, and I was told that it is not possible to add another custom field to a project and have it available for us to change the values on an on-going basis. Is that true?

At the moment I am set up as an administrator of a particular project and for that project I can update fix/version values, decommission them etc, and I can update the component values that appear on each issue.

Is it possible to add another custom field where we can categorise our data and (not delete) but add new values as new categories arise?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

You have been given the correct information, as a project admin, you can only maintain versions and components (and users in the project too). Custom fields are system administrator maintenance only.

There are a couple of plugins which provide project-admin maintained fields, but I've not had any direct experience of any that work correctly yet.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

31 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you