Can I upgrade my existing JIRA v6.0.7 to the latest Jira software hosted in the cloud?

We currently use JIRA v6.0.7 together with bitbucket, HipChat and integrated with Zendesk.

We have about 25 active users located in different countries.

I would like to upgrade to the new version of JIRA for better planning of releases and viewing the scrum boards of teams on different locations.

Is this possible? Will all of our projects, issues, features get merged to the new version?

Since we have had some issues with hosting JIRA ourselves I'm also interested in JIRA in the cloud.

Thanks in advance,

Joachim Meganck

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Joachim,

There's documentation that covers this. You can review it here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Migrating+from+JIRA+Server+to+JIRA+Cloud

That being said, you'll need a corresponding account setup for cloud hosting through Atlassian. One of the issues you may run into is that not all your plugins (because you are self-hosting now) may move over as not all plugins are available in the cloud version. Additionally, if you've renewed your licenses already, will likely have to double pay because you'll have to buy the corresponding cloud versions (if available).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 2 hours ago in Europe

Topic Tuesday: How did you learn about the AUG programme?

Back in 2010 I hadn't been using the Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo) that long and I started searching online to see if I could chat to other users primarily about how they used the produc...

11 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you