Can I unsuspend users on Atlassian Answers too?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2011

I've noticed that I now have great power over other users (and myself for that matter):

With great power comes great responsibility. I've not tried this out yet, mainly for concerns that I'll suspend myself and not be able to fix it.

Is this something that I can undo if I change my mind?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2011

Yes, there's a 'withdraw suspension', although if you did it to yourself you'd need my help to get back out!

Actually, I intended to hold off on opening this up, but forgot to up the karma limit (it's now at 5,000). My intention was this:

1. Fix SEO issues. Currently pages aren't getting indexed.
  2. Once that happens, I expect spam to become a greater problem. For that, I would like to enable Akismet.
  3. If Akisemt is working well, that's fine, we won't need the permission to suspend users. if not, I wanted to make top contributors able to suspend users. Thus the feature.

For now I upped the limit again, based on the original discussion.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2011

It looks like you've withdrawn this feature now as I have a qualifying quantity of karma, but don't see the link any more.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2011

Yes. It was my intention never to expose it! I am quite open to exposing it (in fact that's why we built the feature), but based on the discussion, most people thought it should be our responsibility as moderators, at least for now. In a week or so we'll improve the spam protection and based on that I'll re-lower the threshold.

Do you have another opinion - should I open it back up?

Marketplace Partner
November 1, 2011

@Jeremy Largman: I'm happy for this to be excluded if you're happy to be the lone gatekeeper :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events